Simple Living Short Quotes
- Our life is frittered away by detail ... Simplify,
- Doris Janzen Longacre
- The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be
joyful, rich, and creative, it isn't simple.
Tao Te Ching
- We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside
that holds whatever we want.
- Charles Dudley Warner
- To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost
anything else in the world.
- Hudson Taylor
- God's work done God's way will never lack God's supply.
- Marie T. Russell
- Don't stop yourself from enjoying the now because of an
tomorrow or a remembered yesterday. Take a look at how you're stopping
yourself from being happy. It's all up to you, no buts (or
- Hans Hofmann, Introduction to the Bootstrap, 1993
- The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary
so that the necessary may speak.
- William Morris
- Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
useful or believe to be beautiful.
- Michael Harrington
- Our affluent society contains those of talent and insight
driven to prefer poverty, to choose it, rather than submit to the
desolation of an empty abundance.
- D.H. Mondfleur
- Eliminate physical clutter. More importantly,
eliminate spiritual clutter.
- E.F. Schumacker
- Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex,
and more violent.
- It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to
move in the opposite direction.
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it
- Elise Boulding
- Frugality is one of the most beautiful and joyful words in
language, and yet one that we are culturally cut off from understanding
and enjoying. The consumption society has made us feel that happiness
lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not
- The Talmud
- Who is rich? He who rejoices in his portion.
- Vernon Howard
- You have succeeded in life when all you really want is
only what you really need.
- Satya Sai Baba
- People say "I want peace."
- If you remove I (ego), and your want (desire), you are
left with peace.
Tao Te Ching
- Manifest plainness,
Have few desires.