Short Inspiring Quotes on Love
Love quotes: spiritual, romantic and religious
Cute, funny and wise love quotations
On LOVE in all its manifestations: romantic love, spiritual love, love as a source of creativity etc. Love quotes and links to more quotes on love.
Love is never as simple, or as complex, as we think it is...
Romantic love quotes and sayings
- Love is a journey not a destination.
- Love is not just an emotion, it's a promise.
- Love is not something you want to feel, it is something you feel without wanting.
- Love is just a word until you find someone to give it a definition.
- Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
- If one stays too long with friends
They will soon tire of him;
Living in such closeness leads to dislike and hate.
It is but human to expect and demand too much
When one dwells too long in companionship.
The Song of the Snow Ranges", Milarepa - a Tibetan Buddhist Master
- Love is a journey and with the right mate, its a joyful one.
- Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
- To be able to truly love is to be able to love when there is no love in your heart.
- Love is the final fight.
from Switchfoot, quoting John Perkins
- Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
- At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
- Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
- Life is the flower for which love is the honey.
- When you know beyond all doubting that the same life flows through all that is and you are that life, you will love all naturally and spontaneously. When you realize the depth and fullness of yourself, you know that every living being and the entire universe are included in your affection.
- The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it, you will discover that for you the world is transformed.
Jiddu Krishnamurti on love - on relationships
- Love is the beauty of the soul.
- Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life.
- Do all things with love.
- Love conquers all.
Sunset Cliffs Beach on the Pacific Ocean at Sunset,
San Diego, California, USA
Christopher Talbot Frank
Christian quotes on Love (religious and spiritual)
- Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects,
1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Bible, New International Version (NIV)
- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
- And when Love speaks, the voices of all the gods make heaven drowsy with its harmony
- Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity,
we shall harness for God the energies of love, and then,
for a second time in the history of the world,
man will have discovered fire.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
- Take away love and our earth is a tomb.
- Who so loves believes the impossible.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
- We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.
- You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.
- Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Where there is love there is life.
- For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
- Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
Zora Neale Hurston
- Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- Love is my religion - I could die for it.
- Who, being loved, is poor?
- Thich Nhat Hanh on Love and Compassion
- Anthony de Mello on Love
- Love quotes from Buddhism
- Love quotes from Christianity
- Quotations on Love from a Course in Miracles