Religious Jokes and Spiritual Stories
Laughing your way to insight
Without spirituality, life has no meaning, no direction. Without Jokes... well life just wouldn't be as much fun. These jokes will make you laugh, while you gain insight. I hope you have fun with these spiritual jokes and religious puns.
Religious and Spiritual Stories
- The Blossom and the Fruit, Collins, Mabel
- The Giving Gift, A Holiday Short Story, by Brian Joseph
- Promise, by Brian Joseph
- A Study of Two, C.L.D.
- The boy and the king, a butter and milk story - Hinduism
- Big Rocks, Little Rocks, Sand: a story about priorities
- Three versions of The Story of Jumping Mouse, anonymous
- Once upon a time..., anonymous
- The People of the Blue Mountains, H.P. Blavatsky
- The girl with the apple, a true WWII story, by Herman Rosenblat
- The Persian Student's Doctrine, by Bryan Kinnavan, penname for W.Q. Judge.
- Where the Ancient Rishis were, W.Q. Judge
- The Wandering Eye, W.Q. Judge
- The Tell-Tale Picture Gallery, W.Q. Judge
- An Allegory, W.Q. Judge.
- Papyrus, W.Q. Judge
- Papyrus - the Gem, W.Q. Judge
- Tell me your vision ... The Ancient One, native american lore - by Joseph Bearwalker Wilson
- The Cauldren of Caridwen, Kenneth Morris
- Providence, L. Ram
- Fable for the New Year, John A. Royle
- How much land does a man need?, Leo Tolstoy
- Three questions, Leo Tolstoy
- Jesus Christ and Gautama Buddha walk on water
- The Immortal Friend: poem by Jiddu Krishnamurti when he was young
A story about this gentleman who knocks on his son's door.
"Jaime," he says, "wake up!"
Jaime answers, "I don't want to get up, Papa."
The father shouts, "Get up, you have to go to school."
Jaime says, "I don't want to go to school."
"Why not?" asks the father.
"Three reasons," says Jaime. "First, because it's so dull; second, the kids tease me; and third, I hate school."
And the father says, "Well, I am going to give you three reasons why you must go to school. First, because it is your duty; second, because you are forty-five years old, and third, because you are the headmaster."
Wake up, wake up! You've grown up.
You're too big to be asleep. Wake up! Stop playing with your toys.
From Anthony de Mello
Finding truth - and how the devil makes it good for HIM
You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of Truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to let him organize it."
Jiddu Krishnamurti joke from one of his famous speaches
Jokes from the archives of some spiritual e-mailgroups:
One woman says to another, "Poor Maisie really has suffered for what she believes in."
"And what DOES she believe in?" asks the other.
"She believes that you can wear a size six shoe on a size nine foot."
More sufi jokes and stories as told by Idris Shah
Other Spiritual Jokes
Harry Potter - from a spiritual perspective
Marion Zimmer Bradley