Failure and Success
Quotes on perseverance through adversity
- It's been said that one reason people eventually stop growing and learning is they become less willing to risk failure by trying new
ideas or experiences.
Change can be difficult and uncomfortable. But if our ambitions are only to avoid the discomforts of life, we could soon find we have very little life at all.
God wants us to have the most joyful, fulfilling life possible, and sometimes that requires stepping out into the unknown. Is there a new experience or idea you've been hesitant to pursue?
You'll never know until you try.
- Charles F.
- Virtually nothing comes out right the
Failures, repeated failures, are finger posts on the road to achievement.
The only time you don't want to fail is the last time you try something. . . .
one fails forward toward success.
may be disappointed if you fail,
but you are doomed if you don't try.
you're not failing,
you're not trying anything.
There is no failure except
in no longer trying.
Charles F. Kettering
- We need to teach highly educated people that it is not a disgrace to fail and that they must analyze every failure to find its cause. They must learn how to fail intelligently, for failing is one of the greatest arts of the
will tell you that there have been no failures in my life.
I don't want to sound like some metaphysical queen, but there have been no failures.
There have been some tremendous lessons.
- The entrepreneurs know that it doesn't
It's not uncommon to go through a couple of failures before you hit it.
may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
- I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy
than be a success at something I hate.
- A failure is not always a mistake; it may simply be the best one can do
under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying.
- If you have made mistakes, even serious ones, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we
call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down.
Success is never final;
failure is rarely fatal.
- I wasn't afraid to fail. Something good always comes out of
- Failure is instructive. People who really think learn quite
as much from their failures as from their successes.
- We learn wisdom from failure much more than
We often discover what will do, by finding out what will not do;
and probably those who never made a mistake never made a discovery.
is only the opportunity to begin again, more intelligently.
Learn how to fail intelligently.
J. Watson, Sr.
- It is a common mistake to think of
failure as the enemy of success.
Failure is a teacher--a harsh one, but the best. Pull your failures
to pieces looking for the reason. Put your failure to work for you.
- When we can begin to take our failures
non-seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them.
It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.
- You must accept that you might fail; then, if you do your best and still don't win, at least you can be satisfied that you've tried. If you don't accept failure as a possibility,you don't set high goals, you don't branch
out, you don't try—you don't take the risk.
- What can any of us do with our talent but try to develop our vision, so that through
frequent failures we may learn better what we missed in the past.