Short Inspiring Christian Quotes
Biblical quotations and sayings from the Christian religious tradition
- "Our love to God is measured by our everyday fellowship
with others and the love it displays."
Author: Murray, Andrew
- Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that
which is good;
Bible quote, Apostle Paul, 1 Thessalonians 5: 21
- "Truth is so obscure in these times, and falsehood so
established, that, unless we love the truth, we cannot know it."
quote; Old Testament, Job 34:3 NIV
The ear tests words as the tongue tastes food.
- For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while
some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced
themselves through with many sorrows.
Bible quote, 1 Timothy 6:10
- Charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
Bible quote, 1 Peter iv. 8.
quote, 1 John 3:18 NRSV
Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.
- The purpose of Christianity is not to avoid difficulty, but to produce a character adequate to meet it when it comes. It does not make life easy; rather it tries to make us great enough for life. -- James L. Christensen
- The fewer the words, the better the prayer. -- Martin Luther
- Bible quote, John 8:32: The truth shall make you free.
- To be like Christ is to be a Christian. -- Daniel Webster
- We should live our lives as though Christ was coming this afternoon. - Jimmy Carter
- If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world. [C.S. Lewis]
The Bible, Matthew 17:20: Bible Quotes
I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move.
- For a small reward, a man will hurry away on a long journey; while for eternal life, many will hardly take a single step. ... Thomas a' Kempis (1380-1471)
- Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
Bible quote, Apostle Paul, 1 Corinthians xv. 33.
- It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Bible quote, Apostle Paul, Acts xx. 35.
- Some people want to see God with their eyes as they see a cow, and to love Him as they love their cow - for the milk and cheese and profit it brings them. This is how it is with people who love God for the sake of outward wealth or inward comfort. They do not rightly love God, when they love Him for their own advantage. Indeed, I tell you the truth, any object you have in your mind, however good, will be a barrier between you and the inmost Truth.... Meister Meister Eckhart (1260?-1327?)
- THE SEED OF GOD
The seed of God is in us. If the seed had a good, wise and industrious cultivator, it would thrive all the more and grow up to God whose seed it is, and the fruit would be equal to the nature of God. Now the seed of a pear tree grows into a pear tree, a hazel seed into a hazel tree, and the seed of God into God.
If the seal is pressed completely through the wax so that no wax remains without being impressed by the seal, then it becomes indistinguishably one with the seal. Similarly the soul becomes completely united with God.Meister Eckhart (1260?-1327?)