Theosophical Classics & Basics
The most important books
H.P. Blavatsky (HPB)
- Key to Theosophy, by H.P. Blavatsky
- An introductory book, explaining theosophical basics and the objects of the Theosophical Society.
- Best Blavatsky books
- Katinka Hesselink reviews the classic books by Blavatsky
- Blavatsky classics on Amazon
- The top books by Blavatsky still in print (nearly everything by HPB is still in print).
- The Voice of the Silence, by H.P. Blavatsky
- Devotional classic meant for disciples who want to practice the path. (buy it here)
- The Secret Doctrine
- Volumes one and two. Blavatsky's Magnus Opus. A book usually thought to be very difficult, yet full of insights for the persevering student. (buy it here)
- The Secret Doctrine
- Volume 3. Published after Blavatsky's death by Annie Besant from the papers found in Blavatsky's desk. More easily read than volume 1 and 2. (buy it here)
- Isis Unveiled
- Blavatsky's first book. Many intruiging ideas and strange "facts" (or fictions?) in a chaotic lack of organisation. (Buy it here)
- Foundations of Esoteric Philosophy from the Writings of H.P. Blavatsky
- Arranged with a Foreword and Notes by Ianthe H. Hoskins
Other theosophical writers
- Best Theosophy books
- A selection of reviews by Katinka Hesselink
- The Mahatma Letters to A.P. Sinnett
- A book composed of the letters the two Mahatmas Koot Hoomi Lal Singh and Morya wrote to A.P. Sinnett, an early member of the Theosophical Society. (buy it here)
- Light on the Path, Mable Collins.
- A devotional classic, supposedly dictated to Mabel Collins by an adept. (buy it here)
- At the Feet of the Master, Alcyone.
- A devotional classic. (buy it here)
- Human Regeneration, N. Sri Ram.
- This booklet, or artical is a classic on the subject of inner transformation.
- Transactions of the Blavatsky Lodge, april 25th (PDF opens in new window),
- Unique online document that has not yet been published in bookform. Material for students who are familiar with the basic theosophical literature. A followup to the more generally known and studied explanations on the Secret Doctrine:
- Secret Doctrine Commentary:
- Transactions of the Blavatsky Lodge of the Theosophical Society, By H. P. Blavatsky; Discussions on the Stanzas of the First Volume of The Secret Doctrine
- Theosophy Versus Neo-Theosophy
- compiled by Margaret Thomas
This is only a selection. More can be found at:
Glossary that will help you understand the above books
- Theosophical Glossary compiled by Yanthe Hoskins.