Jiddu Krishnamurti: Quotes and Stories
Personal Remembrances and Dialogues
- I have parents who are orthodox and who depend on me, but I myself have ceased to believe in their orthodoxy. How am I to deal with such a situation? This is a real problem to me.
- It us the universally accepted conclusion of modern intellectuals that educators have failed. What is, then, the task of those whose function it is to teach the young?
- Marriage is a necessary part of any organized society, but you seem to be against the institution of marriage. What do you say? Please also explain the problem of sex. Why has it become, next to war, the most urgent problem of our day?
- In my view, the guru is one who awakens me to truth, to reality. What is wrong in my taking to such a guru?
- A Krishnamurti Story: untie the ocean
- A conversation following the Death of John Field: From "The reluctant Messiah" by Sidney Field. A conversation on the subject of death and what is beyond. Puts all your ideas on reincarnation on a loose footing.
- Krishnamurti as I knew him, S. Balasundaram
- Krishnaji as I Knew Him [about Jiddu Krishnamurti - Katinka], Radha Burnier
- It was in 1982 I believe, in Switzerland ...
- A few Krishnamurti Dialogues: Jiddu Krishnamurti in dialogue with Ruben Ernesto Feldman-Gonzalez, from the internet, januari '99
- The Mill and the Mill-Pond; A Twenty-year Conversation with J. Krishnamurti, R. Ravindra
Material from before the disolvement of the order of the star
- At the Feet of the Master, by Alcyone, penname of J. Krishnamurti. Some historical comments.
- Besant, A. (Annie): Investigations into the Super-Physical, interesting mainly as a new look at the woman Krishnamurti thought highly of throughout his life.
- Lecture delivered at Benares, India on December 28th, 1921, by J. Krishnamurti when he had not yet dismantled the Order of the Star.
- International Self-preparation Group - Manual (1925, 1926)
- The Path, Written in 1928, this work shows the sorrows of the night of the soul, and at the same time foreshadows the pathless path that Krishnamurti would later stress. The subject is a path that Krishnamurti follows through many lives. Interesting historically, but also as a reflection on various aspects of what many people still tend to call "the spiritual path".
- The Immortal Friend: poem
- Lecture given in Holland, when J. Krishnamurti dissolved the Order of the Star of the East. august 29th, 1929.
- Ernest Wood: Clairvoyant investigations by C.W. Leadbeater on Alcyone's (or Krishnamurti's) previous lives. (with extensive notes by C. Jinarajadasa)
- Ernest Wood: "There is no religion higher than truth", on the discovery of Jiddu Krishnamurti, his youth and upbringing and Leadbeater's role in this. (Ernest Wood was an eye witness to these events. This document has been quoted in various biographies, but the complete document is quite interesting despite that)
- E.A. Wodehouse, On The Order of the Star of the East: document from when it was founded
- Order of the Star of the East, pamphlet for enquirers