Health and Spirituality
Religion and spirituality
Spirituality and Health - Links
- Health and Spirituality
- (you are here )
- Red Cheeks, how to get rid of them!
- My cheeks are red, and have been as long as I can remember. Worse yet: they've grown more red as I grew older. I've finally found a product that works though: Eucerin Redness Relief. So, my cheeks aren't as red as they used to be. It took 2 months....
- Stop Going Red with embarrassment
- Do you go red in the face in any social situation? Does your skin light up whenever you have to speak in public or do a presentation? There are two things to remember: A lot of people have this issue You can learn to control it (to an extent)
- Green camouflage makeup to get rid of red skin
- You could just camouflage of course, but it's even better to use a product (or product line) that doesn't just camouflage, but also cures the redness. I've used this product and it really works. See the before (top) and after (bottom) on the left. T...
- Yoga - history and tradition from India
- Information on hatha yoga and the other classic types of yoga. In Hinduism there are various types of yoga, but in the West Hatha Yoga has become most popular and well known. When we say 'yoga' we usually mean 'Hatha Yoga'. Don't forget to vote for...
- Television causes insomnia
- Insomnia is a complicated problem, that spoils the nights of many people. Television may well be one of the reasons you can't fall asleep. But perhaps the TV doesn't cause insomnia at all? Experts aren't in agreement on the subject, so what do YOU th...
- Strength out of suffering - France Pastorelli
- France Pastorelli tells her moving story: that of a mother, a musician, whose life turned to deep suffering because of heart problems. She turned her illness into a source of deep wisdom. Whether are ill or not, this book will give you insight into t...
- How to keep sensitive skin healthy
- I have had sensitive skin all my life. Mostly I manage to keep it at a bearable level. My face looks decent enough. The skin on my hands isn't too rough... These are some of the things I do to keep it that way.
- Going Red - women and heart conditions
- Going Red! Are you tired of hearing the phrase? I hope not! Going red is the term used to draw attention to heart problems in women. Women die of heart problems as much as men do, but unfortunately, their symptoms are much harder to spot.
- Healthy foods that make you happy
- Chocolate and Chickpeas There are two types of food that I know of that are actually healthy and make you happy. One is chocolate, the other is Chick Peas. I've added two herbal teas that will also fight the blues. Let me know below what foods...
- Why Vegetarian? The Environment & cruelty to animals
- There are several reasons for people to become vegetarians. For me it has to do with the spiritual effects of eating meat as well as the impact of eating animals on animals and the environment in general.
- Vegetarian Health Tips
- My collection of health tips for vegetarians. There is a lot of news about healthy foods these days and some of it just doesn't fit the vegetarian diet. This is my attempt at keeping it all straight and simple (and with as few pills as possible). I'...
- Vegan and Vegetarian quotes
- I collected quotes about eating meat - or avoiding it, about eating animal products like cheese, and avoiding it. About health, environment, spiritual and personal reasons for being vegetarian or vegan. One sentiment that I really liked was: Why d...
- Healthy vegetarian recipes for single people
- I'm in the Giant Squid summer school - this week we are challenged to write about our favorite restaurant. We were told we could take that liberally - so I'm writing about the restaurant I eat at most nights: my place. And since I'm single and vegeta...
- How I became a vegetarian
- At home we never ate much meat. My mom gave us vegetarian food every other day or so. Not because she's a vegetarian, she just isn't obsessed about meat. I think a dairy cookbook that came her way one day when we were kids also had something to do wi...
- Best Vegan Cookbooks
- Vegan cooking is a challenge - even in today's world with soy products available almost everywhere. And isn't that the point? ALMOST everywhere? So, for your vegan friends - or your meat eating ones t...
- How do you know the cheese on frozen pizza is actually cheese?
- A kid in The Netherlands asked the CEO of a food company some questions for a school project. One of those questions was: is the cheese on a frozen pizza really cheese? The CEO answered in a way he would never have answered a journalist. He said: NO....
- Earplugs - sleep better despite noise, no more insomnia
- I'm researching earplugs because I have city noise at night when I try to sleep. This lens is the result of that investigation. On this lens you will find customer reviews of earplugs as well as where to buy your earplugs online.
- How to deal with nose trouble after an operation
- I've been dealing with breathing issues for several years now. A specialist advised a septum operation because it was apparently not straight, but because it would take ages for the operation to come, and I needed help breathing at that moment,
- How to make a memory book for someone with dementia
- Psychology and Neurology books
- Neurology and psychology are two sides of the same coin - at least for ordinary people. Both deal with that tricky topic: consciousness. Psychology starts with the experience and behavior of people like you and me. Neurology starts with the physical...
- Consciousness: an Introduction, by Susan Blackmore
- Fascinating. I bought this book because I first heard of this author as a former parapsychologist. It's always good to read books by those whom you disagree with - but know what they are talking about. Reading it, I find she really does know what she...
- Dealing with Alzheimer's - my personal experiences
- This lens is a tribute to a strong, intelligent woman who struggles with Alzheimer's - and to her kids (my uncles and mother) who fight to keep her life as fulfilling as possible. The lens is written in chronological order: it's my experience of the...
- Tips for dealing with alzheimer's
- Dementia comes in all kinds of shapes and sizes. My main advice is: Take your cue from the patient Let them determine how much they can hear and want to hear. This lens is organized by question. Questions I had, and questions readers have asked. F...
- Best Edgar Cayce Books
- Edgar Evans Cayce (March 18, 1877 - January 3, 1945) was a clairvoyant. He channeled answers to questions on subjects such as health or Atlantis, while in a self-induced trance. For this reason he has been called the sleeping prophet. Though Cayce wa... More about Edgar Cayce.
- Best Selling Yoga Books for Beginners
- Can you learn yoga out of a book? Well, perhaps you can. Just be VERY careful to not force things. Have some fun and relax into the poses. Accept where you are. I've found you some very popular books for beginners that explain either the philosophy...
- Wheelchair clothing for women
- Riding in a wheelchair has many issues associated with it - will people treat you like human? Will your shirt ride up on the back? How to prevent pressure sores? And more embarrassing: how to get pants that will minimize the bathroom fuss?
- Beyond Veg
- Site on the exagerations current in vegetarian, vegan and alternative health circles. Some common sense and practical knowledge on diet. Includes personal stories of people struggling with their diet.
- Buddhism and vegetarianism
- Vegan diets healthier for the planet and humans, than meat-including diets
- Not eating any meat products is better for the environment.
- The dangers of Hypnosis, insights and confessions of an English Hypnotist
- Hypnosis explained and warned about.
- Borderline Personality Disorder site
- Good practical first hand information on various mental disorders.
- Theosophical and spirituality links