Spirituality and Health - Links
- Health and Spirituality
- (you are here )
- Yoga - history and tradition from India
- Information on hatha yoga and the other classic types of yoga. In Hinduism there are various types of yoga, but in the West Hatha Yoga has become most popular and well known. When we say 'yoga' we usually mean 'Hatha Yoga'. Don't forget to vote for...
Books about health and spirituality
- Strength out of suffering - France Pastorelli
- France Pastorelli tells her moving story: that of a mother, a musician, whose life turned to deep suffering because of heart problems. She turned her illness into a source of deep wisdom. Whether are ill or not, this book will give you insight into t...
- Best Edgar Cayce Books
- Edgar Evans Cayce (March 18, 1877 - January 3, 1945) was a clairvoyant. He channeled answers to questions on subjects such as health or Atlantis, while in a self-induced trance. For this reason he has been called the sleeping prophet. Though Cayce wa... .
- Best Selling Yoga Books for Beginners
- Can you learn yoga out of a book? Well, perhaps you can. Just be VERY careful to not force things. Have some fun and relax into the poses. Accept where you are. I've found you some very popular books for beginners that explain either the philosophy...
- The Key to Self-liberation: 1000 Diseases And Their Psychological Origins
- I’ve always been troubled with psychosomatic illness. That used to take the form of a weekend on the couch, or a fainting spell in high school. By the norms of doctors I was actually very healthy: those fainting spells stopped and an extra cold hardly registered on my general practitioners radar.
- Vision Trips and Crowded Rooms, David Kessler
- How do the dying prepare for death? In many cases they have visions of their loved ones, particularly loved ones who have already passed away.
- Religion, Spirituality and the Near-Death Experience, Mark Fox
- this is not the most accessible of books about Near Death Experiences. It does not ignore either the neuroscientific explanations of the phenomenon by people like Susan Blackbore, nor the spiritual interpretations by Kenneth Ring and co. The result is balanced and thorough.
Other links about health and spirituality
- Beyond Veg
- Site on the exagerations current in vegetarian, vegan and alternative health circles. Some common sense and practical knowledge on diet. Includes personal stories of people struggling with their diet.
- Buddhism and vegetarianism
- Vegan diets healthier for the planet and humans, than meat-including diets
- Not eating any meat products is better for the environment.
- The dangers of Hypnosis, insights and confessions of an English Hypnotist
- Hypnosis explained and warned about.
- Borderline Personality Disorder site
- Good practical first hand information on various mental disorders.
- More spirituality links