Popular Christian religious quotes, proverbs, Bible verse and spiritual sayings
Yours and my favorite quotes from the Christian tradition & links to more Christian and Spiritual quotes. There are quotes praising Jesus, Bible Quotes, but mostly quotes about how to be a good Christian.
This page consists mostly of your favorite Christian quotes in the guestbook of a previous version of this page.
- Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
- The Bible, Matthew 5:2-12
- Walk in the light with faith and truthfulness and you have nothing to fear.
- Brent Austin Neikirk
- He who interrupts the course of his spiritual exercises and prayer is like a man who allows a bird to escape from his hand; he can hardly catch it again.
- Author: St. John of the Cross
- He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.
- Jim Elliot, christian missionary, explaining his motivation to go to a headhunter tribe to share the Gospel. They killed him, but the tribe later heard the Gospel, received Christ, and was totally transformed.
- People are often unreasonable, illogical and self-centered; Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.
- From The Paradoxical Commandments, by Dr. Kent M. Keith. Mother Teresa quoted this often. Katinka Hesselink wrote a commentary on this text.
- Preach the Gospel, if necessary, use words!
- Often attributed to St. Francis, but not traceable to him (which means he didn't say it). Still words to live by that definitely show Francis' spirit.
- She Who Kneels Before God
Can Stand Before Anyone
- ....author unknown
- Your talent is Gods gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God
- Leo Buscaglia
- Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.
- the Bible: 1 Corinthians 13:13
- As a person thinks in his heart, so he will become.
- Bible verse: Proverbs 23, 7
- I love all religions, but I am in love with my own.
- Mother Teresa Quote
- Follow the anointing
- I. Q. Spencer
- Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
- Bible Verse, Proverbs 3:13
- Humility is a virtue, not a neurosis.
- Thomas Merton
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Philippians 4:13, Bible, New Testament
- To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
- Bible, Ecclesiastes 3:1
- The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist.
- Pope St. Gregory the Great
- Salvation is in you to become. And everything against IT helps IT to come out of you.
- T. Savalas Lattimore
- The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Psalm 27:1 Of David, Bible, Old Testament
- ..He who has begun a good work in you will preform it till the day of Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 1:6, Bible, New Testament
- Satan, the Hinderer, may build a barrier about us, but he can never roof us in, so that we cannot look up.
- J. Hudson Taylor
- The church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.
- More Christian Quotes