Identity with God
- "How does one seek union with God?"
- "The harder you seek, the more distance you create between Him and you."
- "So what does one do about the distance?"
- "Understand that it isn't there."
- "Does that mean that God and I are one?"
- "Not one. Not two."
- "How is that possible?"
- "The sun and its light, the ocean and the wave, the singer and his song
Insanity, A Meditation by
Anthony de Mello, SJ
On the question of his own Enlightenment the Master always remained reticent, even though the disciples tried every means to get him to talk.
All the information they had on this subject was what the Master once said to his youngest son who wanted to know what his father felt when he became Enlightened.
The answer was:
- "A fool."
When the boy asked why, the Master had replied, "Well, son, it was like going to great pains to break into a house by climbing a ladder and smashing a window and then realizing later that the door of the house was open."