On Death and Dying
Death is part of life and yet we treat it as something extraordinary. Sure, nobody wants their loved ones to die - but do we have to live in denial?
- Death and Dying, by Ajahn Jagaro
- Death & Life, Jiddu Krishnamurti
- A conversation following the Death of John Field, Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Preparing to Die, by His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama
- Theosophy and after Death States, Devachan and spiritualism; Blavatsky and Leadbeater, Notes from a lecture by Barry Thompson, by Katinka Hesselink
- Suicide is not Death, W. Q. Judge
- Stray Thoughts on Death and Satan
- Life and Death, by Radha Burnier
- How to live free of fear of death, Sogyal Rinpoche
- Religion, Spirituality and the Near-Death Experience, Mark Fox
Quotes on Death and Dying
- A Contrapuntal Theme - Quotations from Vladimir Nabokov and Dorothy Sayers reflect one another in a pattern suggesting (as in John Shade's remarks in Pale Fire) life after death.
- Dying Words of Famous People - Includes last words, execution statements, suicide notes.
- The Epitaph Browser - A collection of epitaphs, both of the famous and of the obscure. Part of City of the Silent, the Web's foremost cemeteries site.
- Epitaphs from Green Cemetery, Carlisle, MA - Mostly 19th century epitaphs.
- Epitaphs From the Old West Medway Burying Ground, 1900 - Produced by the Medway [Massachusetts] Historical Society.
- Funny Stones to Tickle Your Funny Bones - True tombstone epitaphs.
- Gravestone Quotes - Epitaphs and tomb stone enscriptions from the graves of well known people.